Thank God for Underwear! But what's happened to my feet?
Demelza Trefoil was 'born' on Friday, 22nd February 2008 around 3 p.m. The astounding thing about Second Life is that by 4 p.m. I had crammed in at least three years of human experience, in that I could walk, 'talk' and dress myself. I found the four tutorials relatively easy, except that I had to go through the communications one a number of times even though Master Phat seemed happy with my responses. But for some reason, the piece of my tutorial jigsaw for communication didn't light up until I had completed it three times.
I was a little nervous about editing my appearance, as I had heard tales of people haplessly running around naked because they couldn't get their clothes back on. I started with the least important item - my shoes. They went back on easily, so I tried taking off my pants. I was very relieved to see that I had underpants on! The pants went back on, so I tried peeling off my shirt. Again, sighs of relief that I had a vest on underneath.
I decided it was time to attempt the 'Full Monty'. I tried to find the quietest corner possible, but still other newbies were bumbling about. One 'chap' stood right beside me. I was as perturbed as if he had followed me into a changing cubicle in a clothes shop! I wished I had the gesture for 'glaring'. Unsure of the etiquette, I kept on undressing, but muttering to myself all of the time: "You, Sir, are no gentleman!"
With all clothes back on, and basic skills under my belt, I decided to head for Cybrary City. No yellow brick road, but something infinitely better - teleporting! I clicked on Search, keyed in Cybrary City which gave me a bewildering array of results, so I fell back on the security blanket of the Alma Mater, keyed in UCD Library, clicked on teleport, and with a satisfying swoosh, I was there!
No comments:
Post a Comment